+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 180
FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180
Results 1,791 to 1,798 of 1798

Thread: Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo ~ The Fall of Spira

xD Well, it wasn't a successful one and I don't recall it being on a tenth cloister so it doesn't count that Nikki was possessed so there!

Actually, about the twins, I knew full well that Kellen made Yuubou a fighter, but we'd already decided to have them speak like Gem and Gemma from Power Rangers RPM and he hadn't posted for them in ages. It sort of made them our version of Palom and Porom in my eyes and that's how I decided to write them. xD I couldn't have Yuubou stay a fighter then because I wanted them to have Palom and Porom's Combination Magic ability hence Yuubou turned into another psychic.

Just to clarify a few details of my post, Mishka left the others and entered the Cloister of Trials, that labyrinth of escalators that was exhausting to navigate and took bloody forever and- *ongoing background rant* Mishka went a ways off so it wouldn't be odd if the others entered and didn't find her and left. No worries, haboo. =p Cyan snuck out the back, too. x)

Spoiler: Read my post first. Go NAOO!! 

I think we should give this Open Arc a substantial period of time to get ideas across. After all, once we've passed it, all that's left of the RP is the last of the cloisters. Take this moment to finish off your character development and set off on the last bits you hope to get to between Cloister 89 and the end. Until then! *poof gone*

I've reposted every post that was lost. x_X Thankfully, it wasn't too many since the RP had slowed.

Now, where are my new posts?! >< >< ><;;;

I've finally finished the post. Actually, the post was intended to be a few posts, which after consolidating, I managed to shrink down to three distinct posts, which is how I separated them.

I'd planned for each segment to be its own post. The first being the encounter with Valefor and including the bits haboo wanted for Emika. The second post would detail finding Rikku, leading into the Shadow Shuyin bout. Shuyin's defeat would lead the group to Cyan and start a fourth post facing the Fathom Bahamut. Finally, the fifth post would tell Mishka's group's account of haboo's last post.

So a new post is up, one of the final ones I think. The Via Infinito has finally moved forward with its plan and we’re very close to Cloister 100 where it will play out.
    For those reading, you may notice a few character changes. So read the post first!

Go! Shoo!

Spoiler: Done? Now you can continue reading. =p 

The RP is almost at its end… I know I’ve said this quite a bit, but this time it honestly is. They’ve really got not much farther to go to get to the end and even my character has left me. For those of you who don’t want to see my Exigo end, we have a new RP of it going here.

https://www.thefinalfantasy.com/foru...iii-73199.html
    Last edited by Zerathos986; 03-13-2016 at 05:02 PM.

So about three months later, a new post! xD

I've got the group to the final cloister. I don't know how long the battle should even take anymore considering how long we've been waiting for it to end, but the next posts will be it.

Many things changed in this post and I elabourated on what occurred at the end of my previous post. Originally, this was to have posted across the final arc, with a few posts between Mishka and Paine to end the Open Arc before continuing forward where I'd have Nooj's departure. The rush of events from Mishka's disappearance would have unfolded slowly, leading to a grand battle against Jecht, Braska, and Auron that would culminate the same way.

haboo, now more than before, I am waiting for your post. xD I'd rather not be posting a third time and, even if I must for the next battle, the final battle is more to do with your character than mine. =p

Hark! After another three months, I've returned with another post!

Spoiler: No click until post read! 

I had actually written this post quite a ways back. This was when the forum was, well, the forum was still dead, but this RP was quite lively and Id actually believed wed reach the end soon after that. With most of the important events already unveiled, I felt it would benefit me to start up my final Mishka post so Id have a better idea of how Id want to play out her character from then on. As such, Id even written a discussion thread post for when I did get that one up. So, here it is.

Spoiler: Click hither! 

Wasnt that exciting? If Val or Kellen are still about, I wonder if they still do remember? I think if Im to post for Mishkas demise, Ill probably have Joseph do it. Of the surviving characters, I feel Joseph would fit such a role best. I also feel that if Im to post next, it may in fact be the final post. Im not sure how long it will be between the final boss fight and the ending sequence, but it will be, at most, two posts.

My post is up and this RP is finally ended!

Eight years ago, we started this RP which stands as the first chronological chapter of my Exigo Timeline for Final Fantasy. It came about after my original Final Fantasy Exigo RP failed when haboo took it upon herself to goad me into making another RP based on Spira with her. Out of a conversation as simple as it was, I formulated not only this RP, but a complete timeline of individual tales in the Exigo story that could be undertaken. Now, after so much time has passed, this RP is finally coming to a close and the next one is already in progress. *albeit on another forum since this one is sort of dead. xD*

A few closing bits about this post:
    I know you had everyone killed in your last post, haboo, but I felt it stood to reason that, in her state, she might not have a clear grasp on the events. I even had Rikku believe he was dead, as well. Additionally, I chose him because it seemed a form of bookending to it. The spell he used, Magna, was the one from my fanfic Spira: The Eternal Discord, that Shuyin had used on Yu Yevon. I'll leave it at that to allow for any speculation as to how he knew the spell, but that would be the resulting cause of death. Another reason I chose to have a survivor was due to how, in retrospect, we'd illustrated the setting of these last posts. The chasm of the Via Infinito was in shambles. Once they were down past the 60th cloister, there were no warps back to the surface and the only way in which they escaped afterward was through the twins puncturing a hole between it and the Farplane Glen. It wouldn't seem possible for Rikku to escape on her own and, even with Emika's minutest of control over Minerva, she used it on saving her sister. Therefore, I felt it stood to reason that someone else was needed to bring her back up. Furthermore, as seen previously, the Via Infinito could manipulate or negate Sanika's power so simple magic wouldn't be able to save Rikku, either. There needed to be a sacrifice and what sacrifice would be more fitting? =p

The sacrifice will also play into Rikku's evolving character. It can be seen in this single post that she was still clinging to the bits of hope she'd struggled to keep ever since Final Fantasy X where she and the Al Bhed tried to protect summoners from their pilgrimage. However, given everything that's transpired since, there's going to be a change in this aspect of her. The turning point can be seen when she decides to share her dresspheres with the others. At first, she began losing hope after Paine's death, seeing as how Paine sacrificed herself so they could progress past Braska, Auron, and Jecht to save Mishka. However, by the end of the post, her last line was much more rebellious in spite of the lack of hope. This will play into my next Final Fantasy X-3 fanfic that will star her. Yuna's character will also evolve, though the events will have a different effect on her.

Those parts featuring the dresspheres is sort of foreshadowing, as well. The way in which their abilities were being adapted is to define the nature of their technology and will be a major point in the RP that would follow this one. It also shows that in my Rikku fanfiction, she might not be using the same dresspheres or even dresspheres at all.

In regards to the fanfic being about her, I was very satisfied that I could include the theme I'd been using for all my Final Fantasy X related tales. By that I mean the story concept, which I feel was something Square wanted to put across, as well. Tidus recounted his story in the original game and Yuna promised that she'd make hers a good one. I continued that in my Spira: The Eternal Discord with Shuyin saying he should finally end his and now with Rikku, well, her's is just begun. The quote this is my story felt very powerful to me as I played the games and it seems to be the central theme around the X-era Final Fantasies.

Finally, as the ending of this post shows, I've connected it and placed it into the timeline established by Square when it released Final Fantasy X2.5 and Will so, yes, unfortunately, Sin is back again. It will actually play a unique role, I believe, in my fanfiction as will the surviving characters, which I might have to elabourate on the details of their condition at the end of this RP somewhere in those chapters. As for when this fanfiction will begi- *poof gone*

+ Reply to Thread